Wednesday 4 April 2018

April OMG and work in progress


I haven't been joining in with the one monthly goal for quite a while as I found I was quite often too tired from work and house work to put a lot of effort into my sewing projects. However over the last few weeks I've managed to complete projects and have taken part in several blog hops. It's been fun spending more time playing with fabric again and I'm determined to keep up the momentum so I decided the time was right to start joining in with a monthly goal again. My goal for April will be to complete the stitching on Abigail. There are 12 ladies in all and I have completed 4 but I'd like to get them all done as I want to turn them into a quilt wall hanging and I have the perfect spot to display it. I've already done some work on this piece this month so here is my starting point.


I'm a little bit further forward than this picture shows but this is where I was at the beginning of the month. Last night I finished her trousers (pants) and started on her hair.

Whilst this is my main goal I want to get the quilting done on my compass quilt. It's already to go and I have the thread I need. I was going to start yesterday but I did some much needed sorting and tidying instead. That took longer than planned as I was making decisions on whether to keep things or send them to the charity shop. It seems silly to have clothes or belongings in cupboards and drawers if you don't use them so I now have a couple of bags of things that need to move on and more space in the drawers. I also spent some time playing with my makeup. Last year my skin became quite sensitive so I didn't use any make up at all however it's nice to use a little when going to work or out visiting but I needed to get back into practice. There certainly isn't time in the morning when going to work for a major performance so I wanted a quick and easy routine. Anyway all that to say that this afternoon I'm going to quilt the middle section of my quilt, the actual compass bit. The compass itself was a cheat bit as it is a printed panel but I know I would never have made it if I'd had to paper piece it.



All the quilting I've done recently has been meanders / stipple but I want to try out some other ideas. I feel quite excited at the prospect of trying some new patterns but a little nervous at the same time.

Once I've quilted the centre section of the quilt I need to make my second kitchen curtain. I made the first curtain last year but we were having new windows and the curtain rail was taken down so no point in rushing to finish the job. Now the new rail is in place and I need to get the curtains finished and up. I'll make a start later today and hopefully be able to hang the curtains tomorrow or Friday. The fabric has tea and coffee cups on it.


I'm linking this post with Elm Street Quilts for the One Monthly Goal link party.  Right now I'm off to make a start on my quilting as I'm back at work next week. Take care.

Lyndsey

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so admire your Compass Quilt! Beautiful work.
    Pretty fabric for those curtains too and with Hubby's endless pots of tea, would be perfect for my house too.

    ReplyDelete