Friday 29 December 2017

A review of 2017


Cheryl of Meadow Mist Designs is holding a Best of 2017 Linky Party. To take part you simply write a post about your 'best' 5 posts of 2017. 

My most viewed post was in September when I finished my Mariner's Compass quilt top. The kit for this quilt was a Christmas present from John. You can read the post here I love this quilt which is now sandwiched and waiting to be quilted.



My second post received the most comments and was a post for the Quazy Quilt Queen's blog hop organised by Marian at Seams to be Sew. You can read the post here For this hop we could show our sewing room or how we organise our fabrics. There was no pressure to make anything new. I work at the dining room table and lots of people commented that they do the same.



This year I've been taking part in the Bag Lady stitch along organised by Barbara from Cat Patches. Each month there has been a different bag lady to stitch. This has been such fun to join in with and in September I showed the three ladies  I'd completed. You can see all three Here. I'm still working on the other 9 ladies but I will have them all finished next year.



I like posting about our walks and hikes. In October 2016 John, Lucy and I began walking the Capital Ring. John and I had completed it before but Lucy wanted to do it and we didn't mind doing it again. This year we didn't get very far with it but in November we picked up the walking again. I love posting about our walks and I always get comments from people enjoying seeing the countryside or the history of the area. On this walk we came across Mr Toad and you can read about it Here


So far I've told you about 4 of my favourite posts. My last favourite or 'best' of 2017 isn't an individual post but you, my readers. As those of you who follow my blog will know I was diagnosed with breast cancer in January. Over the year you have all been extremely supportive and encouraging. I have treasured all your comments and they helped me during the treatment, giving me the strength I needed to get through it. Thank you so much, you made a huge difference and you really are 'the best'. At the end of November I was signed off by the doctors as cancer free and fit and well and will now have regular check ups. I agreed to do an aspirin trial and that means I will be seen every 3 months for the first year and then 6 monthly for 5 years.

Why not visit Cheryl's blog to see what everyone else has posted for the best of 2017. You can click Here or use the button on the side bar.

I'm now planning my goals for 2018 and reviewing how I did this year. I had very few finishes this year and only a limited amount of sewing got done but it wasn't a complete washout. I'm very optimistic that there will be a lot more sewing time next year.

Lyndsey

5 comments:

  1. All great choices, Lyndsey. I'm glad the bag ladies made the cut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you health and happiness in the new year. I remember all of the posts you recognized. Every morning I search to see if you have made a post and read it first. I love your variety and beautiful photography. Thank you for a great read with my morning coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that 2018 will be a lot less eventful for you and I am sure you are glad to have this year in the past. Have a healthy year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the compass quilt top! I hope that 2018 continues your health and that you have a wonderful year. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so very happy to follow your progress in all ways this year. Here's hoping 2018 will be your best year yet!

    ReplyDelete