Friday 15 July 2016

A Friday finish and space to do some sewing.

It seems like ages since I had the space to write a post and get any sewing done. The last few weeks have been spent writing modules for a new course but it's almost ready. All the paperwork has to be ready for Monday so it can be sent out to the participants of the validation event which will happen on the 25th. I've still got a couple of bits to finish off but that should only take a couple of hours and then I'm free. The sewing machine will be dusted off and I can get back to my quilting.


Another Little Quilt Swap


A while ago I decided to take part in Another Little Quilt Swap 10. The remit was a mini quilt between the size of 10 and 16 inches square. I had been wanting to make the full sized quilt 'Cats stairway to heaven' but I have so many projects on the go I didn't want to start another. So I decided to turn the quilt into a mini. I used my 2 and half inch squares for the background and the cats, backing, binding and wadding were all from my scrap bags.  Here's my final piece.




The quilting is in the ditch and the cats are outlined. I'm pleased with the finished piece.

I need to get organised and sort out the quilt sandwich for the 'It's a dogs life' quilt. I have had the backing for a while and I've been thinking about the quilting. Tomorrow I'm going to clear all my work papers off my dining table and set up my machine. I want this quilt finished this month.



This year I also took part in the piggy bank challenge.



Piggy has been around for some years and she looks after my change very well. This year I saved 122 pounds and 64 pence. That gives me a good amount for spending at the Stitching and Knitting exhibition in October. I have more than enough projects to keep me going until then.

Tomorrow I must also make a start on the pink blocks for this months Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I seem to have rather a lot of pink scraps.

I'm linking with Finish it up Friday over at Crazy Mom Quilts.Oh I so excited at the thought of sewing tomorrow.

Lyndsey

3 comments:

  1. That's a good amount of change saved! ENJOY!! I also love your little black kitties....cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little kitty quilt. I saw it in the list. One of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you mini Stairway quilt. That pattern is charming.

    ReplyDelete