Tuesday 16 June 2015

A finish and stitchery.

I finally finished Richard's Star Trek quilt. I'm not sure how long it has taken to make but I know I started it some time last year. The last stages seemed to take the longest especially sewing in all the ends. I'm expected to find a couple of ends I haven't done as the thread colour matches the front so well it's difficult to see the ends.



Scamp thought he'd just test it out before Richard got home. Richard is already planning his next quilt. I muttered that I fancied making a Pac-Man quilt and he thought that was a great idea


I'm going to take the quilt outside to get a better photo later this week.

When I was going through my emails today I found a comment from Super Mom No Cape about my dog's life blocks and her weekly stitchery link up. It's always nice to get comments.

Anyway I decided to revisit the completed blocks. I lay them out on the floor and loved the 
way they looked. I didn't take a photo since I can pull the individual blocks from my albums.

The quilt started with this block.

Second was this one. 

I love number three the little dogs playing.



Number 4 celebrated working dogs. 



I love the laid back dogs in the fifth block



Number 6



Currently I'm working on block 7 

I'm getting on quite well with this block and then there is just one more to do. I've also identified my next stitching project and I'm excited to get started on it.

I'm linking this post with  Super Mom No Cape. Why not go and see what other people have been stitching.

For now I need to set my machine up ready to start the quilting on my baby quilt. Have a good Tuesday.

Lyndsey

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your finish! I need to get started on my husband's Route 66 quilt, I would like to get it done before our 20th Anniversary, but that is doubtful. Your doggies are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just hopped over from Super Mom - No Cape. Your Star Trek quilt is FANTASTIC! Love it! Pac Man sounds like a fun one, too. And your blocks for your dog quilt are just darling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats. Doggy patterns are really cute. Nice stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on finishing the Star Trek quilt. It looks great. Sewing in all those thread ends is my least favorite part of making any quilt... but I always tell myself that it is so worth it in the end.

    I love that you included all the doggie blocks in this post as it was great to see them all together!

    Thanks so much for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party and for linking back. I do hope that you'll join in again soon! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete