Friday 3 January 2014

Recap of my lovely year of finishes.

Before starting on the projects I want to finish this year I want to look back at what I managed last year. 2013 A Lovely Year of finishes certainly helped me complete some larger projects and so means I enter 2014 with very few quilty UFO's. However I've not looked back over the year to see just how many of my goals I completed, so here goes.

In January I set myself the goal of completing the top of my Dresden plate quilt. February goal was to complete the quilt. March goal complete Holiday quilt top. April goal complete Nancy Drew  quilt. June goal was a Schnibble and in August I completed the Swoon quilt top.Completing the swoon quilt was my October goal. Finally in December my goal was to complete my Holiday quilt. 









In May, July September and November I didn't complete my goals. Am I worried or upset by this? No as quilting is my hobby that has to fit round my family, work and all that life has to throw at me. I am really pleased with the months I achieved my goals. On the months I didn't I was doing something else instead (quite often starting another project rather than working on an existing one.)

It's now 2014 and I'll be joining in with this years A lovely year of finishes and my first goal is to quilt the baby quilt I made last year.



Oopps I've just noticed the time and I must go to bed. I hope you have had a good Thursday and that you all enjoyed the New Year celebrations.

To link up with 2014 A lovely year of finishes you can click on the button on the side bar.

Lyndsey

7 comments:

  1. Wow! You were certainly busy and super creative in 2013! Happy New Year.... and Happy Lovely Year of Finishes 2014....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an awesome collection of finishes! And I really like the colors in the top you chose for your first finish of the year! Youv'e inspired me to go pick a top and get going too! Happy New Year! cheers, Claire W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You managed to finish an impressive amount of projects! All the best for your finishes in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job on your finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you really did have a "lovely year of finishes" my friend! Very nicely done -- it's got to feel good to look back and see all your beautiful accomplishments, doesn't it?!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did amazingly well! Pretty quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic amount of finishes. Thanks for sharing ♥

    ReplyDelete