Sunday 20 October 2013

A slow but productive Sunday.


I'm trying to get my 'Happy Anniversary' swoon quilt completely finished by the end of this month. It's been slow going as it is a big quilt with a finished size of 80 x 80. The quilt is heavy and working on it on a home sewing machine is a little cumbersome but it is moving forward slowly. I now only have 2 blocks left to quilt. Because it is so big I've been limiting the time I spend working on it as it is rather tiring. I'm not posting any pictures until it is finished which I'm hoping will be next weekend.

In between quilting I've been doing a little hand stitching on the  'It's a dogs life' quilt block.
It's moved on a little but there is still a way to go to complete this block. I'm going to work on this for the rest of the evening as it is very restful before bedtime.



I have also started another piece of knitting. This time it is a jumper for my husband John. I boughtt he wool at the Stitching and Knitting  exhibition last weekend. This is 100% wool and not a mixture and comes from the Wensleydale sheep. I made a start on it earlier today.


It will take some time to knit as it's in double knitting and the pattern is all cables. I love the logo of the shop that sells this wool.


I've been very lucky recently and won several give aways. First back in August I won this lovely Christmas fabric from Marjorie at Marjorie's Busy Corner from her HO HO HO give away. I have a project that I want to use this on and as Christmas is fast approaching I'd better get started on it.


In the post yesterday I received these five lovely fat quarters from Jan at Sew and Sow Farm from her Twist and the 60's give away.


I just love the bright colours and can't wait to use them. I also won prizes in the wool lovers blog hop and will post pictures later in the week. 

Yesterday I was in Chichester and visited a quilt shop. They had a lot of fabric including a lot of Japanese cottons. I was looking for some fabric for my project  for 'For the boys' blog hop. I didn't have a particular fabric in mind but found some that is perfect. 


You'll have to wait to see what I make from it.

Now I must get back to my red work quilt block. I'm linking this post with Kathy's Slow Stitching Sunday. over at Kathy's Quilts

I hope you've had a peaceful Sunday.

Lyndsey

2 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to see your 'Happy Anniversary' swoon quilt, I know it will look great. The red work looks great also. Keep at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The redwork is so pretty! And FUN! :) Love the dog theme :)

    ReplyDelete