Thursday 23 May 2013

Swaps and Prizes

Dreaming of Spring Mini Quilt Swap

This spring Michele from Quilter's Gallery ran a mini quilt swap called Dreaming of Spring and I took part. I haven't posted about the quilt I made yet as it has flowers on it and I combined the swap with taking part in the 'Say it with flowers' hop that starts on Monday. My day is Monday so you can see what I made then. However this week I received my quilt from my mystery partner. 


This pretty mini is 20 inches square and is called April Showers, May flowers. It was pieced and quilted by Rebecca Klassen from Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada for me and I love it. The umbrella fabric is so cute and I love the flowers with the button middles. The colours are so fresh and springlike. 

This week I also received a prize. I am taking part in A lovely year of finishes with Shanna at Fiber of all sorts and Melissa of Sew Bittersweet Designs. I received an email to say I was a winner for February and had won any class at Craftsy. This was very exciting as only last week I had visited Craftsy and signed up for a couple of their free classes. I wanted to try them out before I purchased one. I had already decided I liked the way the classes are presented and I was trying to decide what I wanted to do. So now I can pick one and I don't have to pay. There is only one problem.. I can't make my mind up which class to do. It just has to be one of the free motion quilting classes but they are all so interesting.  Anyway a big thank you to Melissa and Shanna.

On the down side I'm not doing too well on my May goals. I haven't worked on my swoon quilt at all and I haven't started my NewFO for the month. However this weekend is a long weekend in the UK. I just love bank holidays. It is also half term for the schools and as a lot of my students have young children they have asked for a private study week which means I should have lots of sewing time. With that in mind I'm going to go and pick my fabrics for that NewFO as I feel in the mood to stroke a few pretty fabrics.

I hope your May goals are going well and that those of you experiencing the bad weather are staying safe and well. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Lyndsey

1 comment:

  1. So happy you won the free class I know you will have lots of fun. The mini is cute too. Special things for a special lady!

    ReplyDelete