Saturday 4 May 2013

Sunshine, some rain and three finishes

Here we are on the 4th May and I have already managed to finish three items off my to do list. Originally I thought I would spend the day outside tidying up the garden or even repainting the front door. However the sunshine that we were forecast wasn't as sunny as it could have been and came interspersed with rain. There was also a cold wind so I decided having some time for me and spending the day sewing would be much better.

First I completed the top of my Hat Trick quilt. This is made entirely from fabric from my scrap baskets and is a great pattern for using up the scraps.Rather than trim the white setting triangles so that the borders touch the points of the nine patch I have left a border of white. This quilt is so colourful, I just love it. If I had remembered that I needed to get some batting I think I would have managed to get the quilting done today as well. Never mind that can wait until next week. I've got some candy strip fabric in my stash that I'm going to use for the backing.



Next I added a fleece backing to the two prem baby quilts started by ladies at our County Guide training day in March. The nine patch was made using squares from a charm pack. I love the fabrics in the pink mini. The border of the second quilt is a much brighter yellow in person. These quilts will now go to the local maternity unit.




Finally I finished knitting another baby blanket for Project Linus. I have nearly finished all the baby wool I was given. I think I have enough for two more blankets. I have quite a lot of finer wool (4ply ) which I am going to use to knit some prem baby hats. Before I start the next blanket I think I must finish the cardigan I started for myself last year. It could come in useful during the summer. The pink yarn in this blanket isn't a great colour but it is so soft.



Tomorrow I'm going to work on my piece for the 'bird' blog hop which starts next week. I still have over a week to get mine finished. I've also got a day to myself on Monday and once I've taken Scamp for a walk I'm going to spend the rest of the day making blocks for my swoon quilt. My May goals are looking quite achievable at the moment. 

I hope you have managed some sewing today.

Lyndsey

7 comments:

  1. love that hat trick! i want to make one maybe before to long

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Hat Trick scrappy look. Can't wait to see how you quilt it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful Hat Trick Lyndsey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lyndsey, I love the scrappy top. Floating the blocks in the white looks great and I love that set! Your kntting is beautiful, I'm envious 'cause I can barely make a plan scarf and then it looks all grubby and worked over.lol. best I stick to sewing. Enjoy your 'sewing day'! cheers, Claire W.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work.I really like the knitted blanket .x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that hat trick quilt -- there may be one of those in my future, I think!

    ReplyDelete