Saturday 2 March 2013

March decision time.

A Lovely Year of FinishesNever Too Hot to Stitch!

It's time for the goal setting link up at Fiber of all sorts. February was a great month as I finished my Dresden plate quilt. Sorry but I am so pleased to have finished this quilt that I am going to show it again.


For this month I want to finish the top of my Christmas quilt. At present I have reached the stage of having completed all 49 granny square blocks and I have started to trim them so I can add the sashing.


So far I have trimmed about half of the blocks.

Other things happening this month includes the Nancy Drew blog hop starting on Wednesday and the 'Stitch me up' hop later in the month. I need to finish the projects I'm making for both of these hops. I also have two mug rugs to finish for a swap. I have now got all the fabric for the top of my double wedding ring quilt which in the family has been named anniversary quilt since it is to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. Our anniversary is in July and yes I do realise it wont be finished by then. So long as its finished before we celebrate our 35th anniversary it will be fine by me.

Over the last few weeks some of the Brownies in my unit have been telling us facts of the day so I thought that now and then I would share a fact with you when I write a post. So today's fact is that on 3rd March 1955 Elvis Presley made his first television appearance.

Well I off to trim some more blocks. I hope you've had time for some sewing today.

Lyndsey

4 comments:

  1. I have made that block before. The resulting quilt was so pretty. Yours will be too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Dresden Plate is lovely,great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Dresden is a beautiful quilt. wonderful job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to be a Brownie leader ("Brown Owl") back in the (ahem") seventies!

    ReplyDelete