Sunday 11 November 2012

A finish, new projects and a sneak peek.

Earlier this week I showed you Picasso's Christmas quilt I was making to replace his old crocheted blanket. I finished this last night.


The backing is plain black as is the binding. I have quilted in the ditch. I did think about practising my FMQ on this quilt as it is small but Picasso was in a hurry to try it out. He loves to sleep in shallow boxes that have enough room for him to lie with his back along one side and allows him to stretch his legs out. He also loves soft items to sleep on. 

I am also making a quilt for Scamp our Yorkshire Terrier. During the day he loves to sleep on the back of the sofa and soak up the sun. 


He is really shaggy at the moment as he desperately needs clipping but I haven't been able to schedule it in due to my work. Scamp also loves quilts either for sitting on or snuggling under when it gets colder.

I have quite a few doggy fabrics. I loved the  two fat quarters with the paw prints and bones when I saw them at the stitching and knitting show. I just had to buy them.



This piece has been in my fabric stash for years. I think that one or other of my daughters asked me to buy it for a project they wanted to make but there is hardly any of it gone.


.


The grey one is 'Boys will be boys' by David Walker for Free Spirit. I am planning on using this to make Scamp a new coat. When we take him out on hikes he stays lovely and warm whilst walking but chills off when you stop. So when we find somewhere to eat our sandwiches and have our coffee I put his quilted coat on him to keep him warm during the stop. Small dogs lose 
heat quickly.



A quilt using the green dog print and the blue prints is going to be far too busy even for a dog so this is going to need some thought.

Finally I have been working on my pillow for the Holiday Lane blog hop. Here is  a sneak peek at what I've been doing.


This is going to look great when it is finished.

I think I've got time now for a quick half an hours sewing before my daughter gets here. She is coming over to use my sewing machine as she has some clothes she wants to alter. I must hide some of my fabrics as she likes to go through the stash and claim pieces she really likes. I know she will love the Clarice Cliff fabric panels I bought the other day to make place mats so I must go and hide it. Other than that and the pieces I am using for my current projects I am happy for her to raid my fabric stash as it means I have space for new bits.

I hope you are able to make some time for your projects today.





No comments:

Post a Comment