Wednesday 17 October 2012

WIP Dresden plate wall hanging and other projects

I am feeling quite pleased with myself as I have managed to do quite a bit of work on several of my projects over the last week.

First I have managed to catch up with the blocks for Grandmother's Choice BOW. Although this is only week 7 I had managed to get behind having only finished 2 blocks. Now I only have to complete one to be totally up to date.


I am quite pleased with the way these blocks look. I am using green, purple and white for this quilt.

I also worked on my Dresden plate wall hanging. When I last worked on it I had a couple of the plates to piece together but rather than doing that I pieced together the sashing. This week I have managed to make all the plate blocks and machine appliqué them to the background fabric. I have also made a start on adding the sashing ( OK only one piece I admit but it is a start.)

It is very difficult to get a good photo at the moment as the sun is streaming in through the window and  it has the effect of draining the colour. I'm not complaining however because the sun is beautiful and makes the whole place cheery after the last couple of days of rain.


Although I have pieced the sashing I still need to piece the borders but this quilt will definitely be a finish by the end of the year.

I have also done a fair amount of embroidery on my millennium sampler but my camera battery needs recharging so I write about that next time.

I'm linking up with Sharon at Pintangle and Lee at freshly pieced for their Work in progress Wednesday link up. Why not follow the links and see what everyone else has been up to this week.

2 comments:

  1. Those grandmother's choice blocks are beautiful! I love your color combination.

    ReplyDelete