Friday 14 September 2012

WIP Wednesday

I am running rather late this week since it is now Friday morning here in London. I'm putting it down to being busy with final preparations for the Brownie and Guide camp this weekend.

First I have finished my tetris quilt, all backed, quilted and the binding final done. I chose a polka dot fabric for the backing which I had in my stash. It works well with the black binding as the dots are also black. I quilted in the ditch using black thread and followed the tetris blocks. This really makes the tetris shapes stand out well. This quilt is now on its way to its new owner. So this marks the completion of my first Quilt along. I really enjoyed the experience and had fun seeing what other people made. This also helped keep my scraps under control as the only fabric I had to buy was the black for the border and binding.



I have also been working on my millennium sampler although progress has been slow. I am now working on the final scroll work on the right hand side above the central block.



Once this scroll is complete the rest should be easy to complete by Christmas which I have set as my deadline. 

As usual I am linking this post up with pintangle where Sharon is running a work in slow progress Wednesday Why not follow the link here and see what other people have been up to recently and if you have projects that have become UFO's why not join in. The support from others is really helpful in moving slow projects forward.

2 comments: