Wednesday 11 July 2012

WISP Wednesday

I am feeling really pleased and positive about my millennium sampler this week as I have managed to spend quite a lot of time working on it and have just about completed two further areas, the 'rocket' and King John's seal. There are still a few finishing details to do on both areas but they wont take long.




As you can see I have also worked some of the border in this area as I wanted to get the the full effect of how it will look when completed.


I am going to move back down to the lower edge of the stitching to complete the next picture area which is 1492 Santa Maria, Discovery of the New World. I will then follow round the right hand side and finish with the area next to the 'Rocket' which contains the British crown. I can't make up my mind whether to stitch the middle scrolls as I go along or complete them first. I guess I'll just see how it goes this week.



4 comments:

  1. This is really an interesting project. I am going to go back and see if I can find some history of how you decided to do this.
    Really nice work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maureen it is nice to have praise for your work.

      Delete
  2. This is a nice project. I did a lot of counted cross stitch and I still like it, but don't have the patience for it any more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annet. I know what you mean. you have to be in the right mood for counted cross stitch. I lost patience with this project hence why I am still working on it. However taking it in small chunks has put the fun back in it and as a result it is growing quite quickly.

      Delete