Thursday 7 June 2012

I need a holiday!

As the weather has been very wet this bank holiday I would normally have completed a lot of sewing. Unfortunately work got in the way because I had a heap of marking to do. At last that is out of the way but I am busy all weekend and wont get to my projects until at least Tuesday. However it isn't all dome and gloom as I did find time to make a 12 inch friendship star block.




I decided I am going to make a quilt of stars and hand quilt it using the quilt as you go method which will make it more portable. I will take it with me this weekend and should have found time to quilt it by Sunday.


I also completed cutting out the blocks for Isobel's baby quilt  I have put some of the blocks together. I am very happy about how it is coming along.








I have also completed the hot air balloon on my embroidery whilst relaxing after a day spent marking. The next area is a picture of the space shuttle. I am starting to feel that I might actually finish it this year.




Over the weekend I am also going to set myself some goals for June / July so that I can plan fitting my sewing around my work and family commitments This will include finding time to create a little quilt for a quilt swap at another little quilt swap

No comments:

Post a Comment