Saturday 16 June 2012

Baby Quilt top finished

I haven't had  very much time for sewing in the last week. Last weekend I was away with a group of Brownies on a PGL weekend. They really enjoyed the activities; archery, abseiling. fencing. aero ball, giant swing, zip wire and raft building. Since then I have been trying to catch up on marking as the University year draws to a close.


However yesterday I got back to my machine and finished the quilt top for Indie's baby daughter Isobel. Now I need to decide on the borders. I am hoping I have enough of the batik to do a thin border of this and then I need to see what else I have. I will have to buy material for the backing as I have nothing suitable.




Today I went to the Imperial War Museum with my daughter Lucy. Whilst looking through the first and second World War galleries I came across 2 pieces of embroidery. The photos aren't great as they were taken through glass. The first was made by an Auxiliary Territorial Service volunteer and is a beautiful map of the UK.


The second piece was made by a member of the Land Army and is entitled Dig for Victory.





1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Thank you so much for stopping in at Lilypadquilting and entering the giveaway! I appreciate your posting our Pets On Quilts show badge, too!
    I wanted to let you know that your settings are on no-reply....I tracked you down here, but some bloggers won't do that. :) So, if you are entering a goodly number of giveaways, you might want to go to your profile and change that. Just lettin' you know! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete